Website Eden Village Camp
Jewish Farm-to-Table Sleepaway Camp
Join our art educator team! Eden Village’s art program is grounded in using natural materials and the abundance of the land around us to create beautiful and functional crafts that our campers can use in their everyday lives. We’re crafting mugs and plates from clay, making candles from beeswax, felting hats from wool, making our own natural dyes from plants we grow on our farm, sewing bags and clothing, and so much more. We’re finding inspiration in the abundance of the land, and leaning into the joy, gratitude, and deep spirituality that comes from creating beauty all around us.
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and planet.
- Live on site at Eden Village Camp for the 9 week summer season
- Prior experience as an educator
- Basic knowledge of a majority of art programming covered: ceramics, sewing, knitting, crocheting, jewelry making, paper mache, printmaking, dyeing, and felting.
- Must love being organized and ready to caretake a space used by 250+ community members.
- Work well on a team and be open to direction from your supervisor.
- Specialists must be at least 19 years old, and are expected to stay at camp the entire season and attend staff training.
- Prepare and teach 3-4 programs a day for campers age 8-16. You are coming into years of pre-written lesson plans with the ability to tinker and personalize.
- Keep the art room clean and organized. Manage the borrowing system of all art supplies.
- Ideally, you can help draw connections between being Jewish and creating art…but we can help with that.
- Flexible and able to go with the flow as challenges arise
- Community-minded with an emphasis on intentional Jewish community experience
- Excited to work with kids ad be a mentor
All staff at Eden Village, regardless of their job, should expect to support the running of camp in a variety of ways that are not outlined here. As a community working collectively to keep 200 children safe and happy, each summer is full of unexpected blessings and challenges. We rely on our staff’s flexibility to meet those challenges.
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience deep community with a vibrant staff of 120 young people from all over the world and a core cohort of 15 other educators specializing in art, herbs, farm, wilderness skills, and more! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snack…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 14 – August 21, 2023
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 3 hours off every day.
Salary: $2,000 base salary, additional compensation based on experience
To apply for this job please visit edenvillagecamp.org.