Website Eden Village Camp
Jewish Farm-to-Table Sleepaway Camp
Counselors care for, supervise, and live with a group of campers and are their primary caretakers. As facilitators of campers’ experience, counselors strive to raise self esteem, empower children to take on challenges and leadership opportunities, and foster the bunk group dynamic by actively participating in all camp activities offered by specialists. Excellent communication skills, group leading, childcare experience and love of nature are essential.
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and planet.
- Live in a bunk with campers for the full 9 weeks of the summer
- Able and willing to accept supervision and guidance
- Able to create an environment where campers feel emotionally and physically safe
- Able to provide opportunities for campers to achieve successes
- Works well independently and with others
- Able to put the needs of the campers before the needs of self
- Counselors must be at least 18 years old, and are expected to stay at camp the entire season and attend staff training.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Supervise all aspects of the camp day
- Create and participate in bunk activities
- Monitor bunk cleanliness and camper’s health
- Communicate with campers through Non Violent Communication techniques
- Respect and support a pluralistic Jewish community
- Responsible for adhering to all camp rules and policies
- Responsible for staying in the cabin several nights a week
- Excited about being a role model 24/7
All staff at Eden Village, regardless of their job, should expect to support the running of camp in a variety of ways that are not outlined here. As a community working collectively to keep 200 children safe and happy, each summer is full of unexpected blessings and challenges. We rely on our staff’s flexibility to meet those challenges.
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience deep community with a vibrant staff of 120 young people from all over the world! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snack…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 18 – August 21, 2023
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 3 hours off every day.
Salary: $2,000 base salary, additional compensation based on experience
To apply for this job please visit edenvillagecamp.org.