We look forward with great excitement to creating an unforgettable, retreat experience for you!
Immersive Retreats at Pearlstone are memorable and inspiring, with festive farm-to-table kosher meals, inspiring Jewish learning, spirited davening, restorative nature connection, and inclusive community building.
Below you will find details about your upcoming visit. Take a few minutes to review – especially what to pack, how to get here, and what you can expect when you arrive. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Call us at 410-500-5417 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Pearlstone is located at 5425 Mt. Gilead Rd., Reisterstown, MD 21136
Approximate travel time by car from:
- Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI) – 40 minutes
- Baltimore Penn Station – 35 minutes
- Reagan National Airport – 85 minutes
- Baltimore City – 30 minutes
- Washington, DC – 75 minutes
- Philadelphia – 2 hours 15 minutes
We have ample parking on site, including a few EV charging stations.
A variety of overnight lodging styles provide options for solo travelers and families of all sizes.
Guests are typically assigned to a lodging style based on group size.
Hotel and Motel Rooms:
Our large motel rooms each feature 2 queen beds, a pull-out couch, small table, and private bathroom. They are accessed via an exterior covered walkway, which also includes access to various lounges. Adjacent rooms have interior connecting doors which can be opened upon request.
Our smaller hotel rooms feature a queen bed, desk, minifridge, and private bathroom – with some having a sleeper chair as well. All hotel rooms are accessible from an interior hallway, and the building contains various lounges and nooks to hang out.
Our Garden Lodge dorms each have 2-5 twin or bunk beds. The lodge building includes shared bathrooms down the hall and lounge spaces for guests to enjoy.
Some retreats offer camping, forest bunkhouses, or the option to rent a private cabin. Please contact our staff for more information and availability.
Bed linens & towels are provided. Pack n plays are available by request. WiFi is accessible in the Retreat Center and guest room lodging.
Mini-fridges are located in common lounge rooms near the motel rooms and dorm-style rooms. Smaller hotel rooms have a fridge in the room. Anyone with medical or dietary needs can have a fridge for their room with advanced request.
Ice machines are located in the main lobby of the retreat center or in the fitness room near the guest rooms.
Food & Dining
Dining at Pearlstone features Certified Organic produce, rich in nutrients, from our farm prepared with the loving care of our talented chef team. Whether it’s a bountiful buffet or an elegant plated service, your dining experience will leave you satiated and inspired.
Our culinary team prepares three meals a day during each retreat (starting with dinner on your arrival day, through breakfast on your departure day). Our staff can accommodate most dietary restrictions and nutritional preferences with enough notice – please be sure to note these requirements on your registration forms. All means are served buffet-style.
A self-service beverage bar featuring locally-owned, fair-trade organically grown coffee, hot tea, iced tea, and filtered water is always available.
The facility is certified kosher through the OU. As such, outside food is not allowed in the main building (but is allowed in the private lounges near the guest rooms). Water bottles are allowed in the main building but not in the dining room. if you would like to bring any kosher mevushal wine or other kosher alcohol to enjoy at our meals or otherwise, they must be checked in by our Mashgiach (kosher supervisor) upon your arrival.
Activities & Amenities
- Hiking Trail: a 2.2 mile loop around the campus is accessible at all times. Explore the forest, our restored stream bed, farm fields, and pastures
- Fitness Room: our newly appointed fitness room boasts free weights and multifunction weight machine, a few cardio machines, and offers spectacular views of the pasture.
- Games: Staying inside? We offer an assortment of crafts, puzzles & board games to use during your stay, or enjoy a game of Foosball or Ping Pong.
- Play Room: groups with children and babies can request a space for a dedicated play with an assortment of toys and books.
- Linens, towels, and soap in all guest rooms with extra blankets and towels available upon request
- Limited siddurim and chumashim – bring your own if you prefer
- Yoga mats and meditation cushions
- Comfortable clothing to wear throughout the retreat – in general, our retreats are not formal!
- Lots of layers for variable temperatures
- Closed toed shoes for walking around our farms and campus trails
- Rain gear
- a bathing suit during warmer months
- Personal supplies
- Over the counter and/or prescription medications
- Sunblock, bug spray, sunglasses, and a hat
- Retreat & travel items
- Chargers for electric devices
- Water bottle (ideally labeled – especially for kids)
- Your own ritual wear (talit, tefillin) and/or prayer book
- Your personal yoga mat and/or props
- Small backpack for kids to carry their water bottle & sunscreen during daily activities around campus
Details for a particular retreat can be found on the page for that event – see calendar below.
General mealtimes are as follows – adjustments are made for holiday services and candle lighting times:
- Breakfast at 8:00 am ET
- Lunch at 12:00 pm ET
- Dinner at 6:00 pm ET or 7:30 pm ET on Fridays and Holidays
Prayer Services and Activities
Holiday and Shabbat retreats offer various prayer options each morning.
Educators and staff lead inspiring classes and engaging activities throughout the day, with age-appropriate programming for kids.
The weather in Reisterstown, MD (21136) can fluctuate widely throughout the day. Parts of the campus can be quite windy and chilly, even if indoor spaces are nice and warm.
In the event of inclement weather, outdoor activities may be rescheduled or canceled. Many outdoor activities go on as planned even if the weather isn’t ideal.
Please check the forecast before coming on a retreat and pack accordingly!
The health and safety of all people remains our top priority. We review COVID policies periodically and notify all guests via email if there are any significant changes ahead of a retreat.
- Testing: we strongly encourage a PCR test in advance of arrival. At registration/check-in, we ask everyone to present TWO (2) proofs of negative COVID-19 rapid antigen tests in the absence of a negative PCR result. One taken 48 hours before arrival, and another test taken at home before leaving for arrival day.
- Travel guidance: We recommend wearing a mask at all times during any public transportation or air travel.
- Daily Health Screening: all guests coming to Pearlstone must complete an online health screening form on your cell phone the morning before you come to Pearlstone
- The form can be found at letmein.pearlstonecenter.org.
- Upon completing the form, you will receive a green clearance confirmation message which must be shown to the security guard as one arrives on campus.
- Using the honor system, all attendees complete the same form each subsequent morning. Attendance at breakfast or the first activity of the retreat each day is considered an acknowledgement that the screening has been completed with clearance.
- Anyone who does not pass the health screening must remain in their lodging room and alert Pearlstone staff for next steps.
- Quarantining: We reserve private lodging in the unlikely event that someone becomes symptomatic or tests positive while at Pearlstone and needs to isolate from others in shared lodging.
- Masks: Pearlstone is currently mask optional. We have disposable masks available for those who need. We request that anyone exhibiting symptoms such as sneezing or coughing wear a mask when around others.
- Pearlstone staff have all complied with a vaccination mandate.
- The retreat center HVAC uses MERV 13 filters which are replaced quarterly.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility, including near the dining room buffets and in shared bathrooms.
There is no refund for arriving late or departing early from any retreat. The refund amount is based on how far in advance we receive the cancelation request prior to the start date. For most retreats at Pearlstone, the cancellation policy is:
- 31 days or more – fully refundable less a $75 fee (for Pesach – 60 days prior)
- 15-30 days prior – 50% refundable (for Pesach – 30-59 days prior)
- 14 days or less – not refundable (for Pesach – 29 days or less)
If you are sick with a communicable disease such as Covid-19 and are unable to attend, you may receive a credit (less $75) valid through the end of the of the following calendar year towards a future retreat at either Isabella Freedman or Pearlstone. You must provide medical documentation attesting to your illness in order to receive this credit. We suggest obtaining insurance for such situations.
Pearlstone reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. This includes cancellations due to inclement weather if, in our judgment, we are unable to operate safely. In the event of such a cancellation, a full refund will be issued. If the retreat proceeds as scheduled, no refund will be offered.
Upcoming Pearlstone Retreats
Pesach at Pearlstone
Reisterstown, MD | April 5, 2023
SOLD OUT! Pesach at Pearlstone is a comprehensive immersive retreat experience including lodging, meals, snacks, seders and access to campus amenities. Programming includes a robust offering of thought-provoking lectures, engaging activities for various age groups, and inspiring programs for all Jewish backgrounds and religious approaches….
Bender JCC JFAM Family Camp
Reisterstown, MD | May 5, 2023
The Bender JCC, Pearlstone, and JFAM family camps believe every Jewish family belongs at camp and seeks to warmly welcome all family structures, families with members who do not identify…
Shavuot at Pearlstone
Reisterstown, MD | May 25, 2023
This annual immersive retreat is filled with inspiring Jewish learning, spirited singing, festive farm-to-table meals, and a pluralistic community building experience….
Family Farm Camp
Reisterstown, MD | August 16, 2023
“Each year we look forward to your family farm camp. To see our children grow from year to year is truly a blessing. We also get to see their ability…