We look forward with great excitement to creating an unforgettable, retreat experience for you!
Immersive Retreats at Pearlstone are memorable and inspiring, with festive farm-to-table kosher meals, inspiring Jewish learning, spirited davening, restorative nature connection, and inclusive community building. The 180-acre campus features an organic farm, rolling meadows, ball fields, wooded trails, and a tranquil creek to explore and enjoy.
Below you will find details about your upcoming visit. Take a few minutes to review – especially what to pack, how to get here, and what you can expect when you arrive. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Call us at 410-500-5417 or send an email to email@example.com.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Pearlstone is located at 5425 Mt. Gilead Rd., Reisterstown, MD 21136
Approximate travel time by car from:
- Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI) – 40 minutes
- Baltimore Penn Station – 35 minutes
- Reagan National Airport – 85 minutes
- Baltimore City – 30 minutes
- Washington, DC – 75 minutes
- Philadelphia – 2 hours 15 minutes
We have ample parking on site, including a few EV charging stations.
There is no public transportation to Pearlstone, although Uber and Lyft are available.
A variety of overnight lodging styles provide options for solo travelers and families of all sizes.
Our large motel rooms each feature 2 queen beds, a pull-out couch, small table, and private bathroom. They are accessed via an exterior covered walkway, which also includes access to various lounges. Adjacent rooms have interior connecting doors which can be opened upon request.
Our smaller hotel rooms feature a queen bed, desk, minifridge, and private bathroom – with some having a sleeper chair as well. All hotel rooms are accessible from an interior hallway, and the building contains various lounges and nooks to hang out.
Guests are assigned to one type of room or the other based on their party size.
Our Garden Lodge dorms each have 2-5 twin or bunk beds. The lodge building includes shared bathrooms down the hall and lounge spaces for guests to enjoy.
Some retreats offer camping, forest bunkhouses, or the option to rent a private cabin. Please contact our staff for more information and availability.
Bed linens & towels are provided. Pack n plays are available by request. WiFi is accessible in the Retreat Center and guest room lodging.
Mini-fridges are located in common lounge rooms near the motel rooms and dorm-style rooms. Smaller hotel rooms have a fridge in the room. Anyone with medical or dietary needs can have a fridge for their room with advanced request.
Ice machines are located in the main lobby of the retreat center or in the fitness room near the guest rooms.
Our standard and dorm rooms are located in series of two-story lodges, which are connected by covered walkways. There is step-free access from all of the rooms to our main program building. All rooms are within 600 feet of the main building, and a few standard rooms are ADA-compliant. All three floors of the retreat center are accessible by stairs and elevator.
Food & Dining
Dining at Pearlstone features Certified Organic produce, rich in nutrients, from our farm prepared with the loving care of our talented chef team. Whether it’s a bountiful buffet or an elegant plated service, your dining experience will leave you satiated and inspired.
Our culinary team prepares three meals a day during each retreat (starting with dinner on your arrival day, through breakfast on your departure day). Our staff can accommodate most dietary restrictions and nutritional preferences with enough notice – please be sure to note these requirements on your registration forms. All means are served buffet-style.
A self-service beverage bar featuring locally-owned, fair-trade organically grown coffee, hot tea, iced tea, and filtered water is always available.
The facility is certified kosher through the OU. As such, outside food is not allowed in the main building (but is allowed in the private lounges near the guest rooms). Water bottles are allowed in the main building but not in the dining room. if you would like to bring any kosher mevushal wine or other kosher alcohol to enjoy at our meals or otherwise, they must be checked in by our Mashgiach (kosher supervisor) upon your arrival.
Activities & Amenities
- Hiking Trail: a 2.2 mile loop around the campus is accessible at all times. Explore the forest, our restored stream bed, farm fields, and pastures
- Fitness Room: our newly appointed fitness room boasts free weights and multifunction weight machine, a few cardio machines, and offers spectacular views of the pasture.
- Games: Staying inside? We offer an assortment of crafts, puzzles & board games to use during your stay, or enjoy a game of Foosball or Ping Pong.
- Play Room: groups with children and babies can request a space for a dedicated play with an assortment of toys and books.
- Linens, towels, and soap in all guest rooms with extra blankets and towels available upon request
- Limited siddurim and chumashim – bring your own if you prefer
- Yoga mats and meditation cushions
- Comfortable clothing to wear throughout the retreat – in general, our retreats are not formal!
- Lots of layers for variable temperatures
- Closed toed shoes for walking around our farms and campus trails
- Rain gear
- a bathing suit during warmer months
- Personal supplies
- Over the counter and/or prescription medications
- Sunblock, bug spray, sunglasses, and a hat
- Retreat & travel items
- Chargers for electric devices
- Water bottle (ideally labeled – especially for kids)
- Your own ritual wear (talit, tefillin) and/or prayer book
- Your personal yoga mat and/or props
- Small backpack for kids to carry their water bottle & sunscreen during daily activities around campus
Upcoming Pearlstone Retreats
Pesach at Pearlstone
Reisterstown, MD | April 22, 2024
Pesach at Pearlstone is a comprehensive immersive retreat experience including lodging, meals, snacks, seders and access to campus amenities. Programming includes a robust offering of thought-provoking lectures, engaging activities for various age groups, and inspiring programs for all Jewish backgrounds and religious approaches….
Shavuot at Pearlstone
Reisterstown, MD | June 11, 2024
This annual immersive retreat is filled with inspiring Jewish learning, spirited singing, festive farm-to-table meals, and a pluralistic community building experience….
Family Farm Camp
August 14, 2024
“Each year we look forward to your family farm camp. To see our children grow from year to year is truly a blessing. We also get to see their ability…