Website Eden Village Camp
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and planet. Learn more here!
Nursing position requires an RN, NP or MD license in NY State (we can help transfer in licenses from other states) and some pediatric experience. Current CPR and FIRST AID training a must.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Assisting with set-up of health center.
- Reviewing and organizing camper medical records before campers arrive.
- Medication administration.
- Running two daily open clinics- assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for campers and staff with proper documentation.
- Sleep in the health center on a rotating basis, sharing overnight responsibilities with other healthcare team members.
- Acting as liaison between the camp doctor, camp administrators, camp counselors and parents concerning diagnoses, prescriptions and treatments.
- Educating parents and camp staff about children’s health issues.
- Assisting with closing the health center once camp is over.
- Staff work between 7:30am and 10pm with at least 2 hours, and often more, off every day.
We hope you will approach your practice as addressing the whole of each camper and staffer, work towards managing illness and injuries but also creating robust physical/emotional/spiritual health, and feel inspired by our camp’s spirit.
We will have approximately 300-350 people onsite at any given time. The health center will be staffed by 3-4 Registered Nurses and 2-3 health center aides.
Our Medical Director is available 24/7 via telemedicine.
Child Care & Camp Work-Trade Credits:
Depending on availability, child care at camp may be available for children age 2 to 6.
Camp age children (8-16) may only be present at camp if enrolled in a full session. Parent will receive work-trade credit equal to one week of tuition for each week worked at camp.
Dates: June 16 – August 19, 2024
We have campers on site June 26-August 18 and we welcome applications for at least one week. While we can sometimes accommodate alternate schedules, we typically schedule all nurses Tuesday to Sunday.
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 3 hours off every day.
Salary: $1,500 per week
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org