Website Eden Village West
Eden Village West is hiring a Program Director for Summer 2023! This is a residential position based in Healdsburg, CA. Part of the summer leadership team at Eden Village West, the Program Director supervises and supports our program specialists in delivering an amazing program infused with earth-based Jewish inspiration.
About Eden Village West
Eden Village West is an organic farm-to-table residential Jewish camp in Sonoma County, California with a 6-week overnight summer program as well as other farm programming throughout the spring and fall. Our 3rd-11th grade campers enjoy farming, wilderness and homesteading skills, culinary arts, music and sports as they become empowered to promote a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world for all.
- Supervising and supporting all program team staff
- Participating in pre-season programmatic visioning and curriculum development
- Managing the program budget; ordering program supplies before and during the summer
- Running trainings for program specialists during staff week
- Managing implementation of camp programming, including:
Modeh Ani, Core daily program areas: bunk rotations and chuggim, Evening programs, Intersession, Shmooze, Shabbat, Staff programming
- Creating program staffing and time-off schedule in coordination with Assistant Director
- Running specialist meetings; giving and recording feedback throughout the summer
- Daily check-in with leadership team to ensure the successful operation of summer camp
- Eden Village West has a very small staff. This position requires flexibility and a willingness to occasionally take on responsibilities outside the Program Director’s immediate job description
- Participating in pre-camp Leadership Team Orientation in Sonoma County from April 25th – 28th, 2023
- Living in residence at Camp for the full summer season: June 5th – August 3rd, 2023
- Facilitate program specialist pre-camp team video call (1-2 calls)
- Facilitate follow-up video calls with each program area individually (6-8 calls)
- Review program area supply inventories and order additional supplies as needed
- Plan staff training sessions for program specialists as well as some all-camp sessions
- Additional pre-camp responsibilities TBD based on Program Director’s availability, interest, and skill set
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience a deep community with a vibrant staff of 75 young people from all over the world! Our community values skills-sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret staff lounge that is stocked with awesome staff snacks, and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on farm fresh treats all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats!
- We have awesome staff activities that take place 2-3 times a week, facilitated by your fellow staff members!
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: Click Here for summer dates
Compensation: $4000- $6000 (range based on experience) + Room & Board
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and at least 1 hour off every day
Apply here: Program Director
To apply for this job please visit edenvillagewest.org.