The Jewish Lab for Sustainability
Do you want to help shape the next generation of Environmentally aware Jews and Jewish Outdoor Educators? TEVA has fundamentally transformed Jewish education through experiential learning that fosters Jewish and ecological sustainability.
The Teva program is 4-day, 3-night residential environmental program for Jewish day-schools in the northeast. The program will be in residency at the beautiful Isabella Freedman Retreat Center in the rolling hills of Connecticut for Fall 2023, and at the magnificent Pearlstone Retreat Center in Maryland in Spring 2024.
The director must be on site for all weeks when the program is in session. The director has the option to work remotely when the program is not in session, OR work from any of our offices in NYC, Connecticut, Baltimore or Detroit. There is a possibility of housing at one of our retreat centers as part of your compensation.
This position is a complex, challenging, exciting role for the right person. The TEVA Director will supervise the TEVA staff and programs – both to support this outstanding program and provide direction for its growth, and work with lay leaders, and key stakeholders to expand the work of TEVA to meet the needs of Jewish children ages 2 – 17 years old and educators of Jewish children. The Jewish community will tangibly see that that the work of TEVA has created an even deeper impact and the Director will play a key role in delivering this impact.
Task Dimensions and Examples:
- Market and promote the Teva program to East Coast Jewish Day Schools
- Manage booking and scheduling of schools
- Recruit and train staff for the Teva Program
- Manage the budget for the Teva Program
- Ensure programmatic excellence, and manage curricula
- Oversee relationships with key stakeholders in the Jewish education field and throughout Hazon
- Be on-site managing and leading whenever Teva programs and trainings are happening
- Ensure safety and wellbeing of all children and staff in our care
- Play a lead role with our financial team and marketing team to support fundraising efforts
- Liason with host retreat center operations team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org